Saturday, January 8, 2011

Pictures!

It's not all that easy to have many pictures of yourselves as a couple when it's just the two of you. Your choices are really tripods and timers, cameras held at arm's length, strangers in public places, or mirrors. None of those options make for really great pictures.

Penny in the Car
If only we could teach Penny to use the camera.

While we were in California over the holidays, Morgan and I asked my daughter Emily if she'd be willing to take some pictures of us together, sort of informal engagement pictures. She was game, so we headed down to Santa Cruz on a gray day. Surprisingly, an offer of going letterboxing and having lunch were enough to bribe her. (But lunch was really, really good. Definitely bribe-worthy, I'd have to say. If you're ever in Santa Cruz, stop by Hula's Island Grill and Tiki Room.)



She did a great job, don't you think? I have more, but you'll have to wait a couple of days until I put them up on Flickr.

2 comments:

  1. That's great, Ursula! And I didn't know you had a daughter! Thanks for sharing those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do! In fact, I have a son, too. :)

    ReplyDelete